Wooof! Has it been a year already?
Indeed time flies! I know It is quite late but…..
2017 was a challenge. It was very hard for both mum and I. However, looking back, it has only made our family stronger and grew in faith. Would you let puppy run his little tongue and share a little about our year?
- FIRST INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION!!! I never felt so small in this huge huge world. Good thing I got mum. She taught me how to prepare for this and we went all over Bangkok, Thailand~ It will always have a special space in my heart. BUT!! We won’t stop there! Mum’s brother promised that we will have more trips soon enough! We are looking forward to it! I hope we can meet some of you too!
- BUSY BUSY PAWRENT. Mum warm me that come May 2017, she will be very busy. She had barely some time to sleep – all the more for trips. We weren’t able to post much then because of her schedule. You ask why? Let us say, mum is running after a dream. And I am equally proud and supportive of her endeavors. All these are for me and our more trips to come.
- AN ANGEL IN PAPA GOD’S ARMY. Mum and I lost a great person but subsequently gained an angel to look after us while we take every step towards our goals. Mum’s dad, or my GrandPawrent (lolo) passed away September last year. Being in out of ICU and the hospital – as we see him slowly wither away from a big strong man that we know was so hard for us. It really took a blow on mum. She made sure all comfort and management possible and afforded be given to him but still… his body succumbed to the disease. We will always remember you GrandPawpa. I will take care for mum and everybody like you always does.
- GROWING IN FRIENDSHIPS AND WISDOM AMIDST OF CHALLENGES. We have gained many opportunities and more friends. Remember when we thought we lost our WordPress account? and then someone hacked out IG account? Good thing we got great friends who helped us to start back up.
So now we are ushering a new year!!! TO all of you who have been part of our 2017 – WE CAN NEVER BE MORE GRATEFUL.
Like what mum always say, “Things happen for a reason. You can’t control what life throws at you – but you can control how you react. Ultimately, it will be the basis of your results.”
2018 is the Year of the Dog!
What more positive signs you need?
It is our year, Puppy Trippers!!!!
I hope we could share more adventures together!!
I would love to hear for you! Woof!
Puppy Mood: Out exploring while we have time!
Pambansang Dambana at Parokya ni Santo Padre Pio , commonly known as Padre Pio Shrine, is a parish church and pilgrimage site situated at Brgy. San Pedro, Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines. Standing proud with its roof resembling a “salakot”, a traditional Filipino hat used by farmers and fishermen in their respective agricultural activities as their protection against heat and rains – this is surely one for the books for pilgrims in the Philippines and around the world.
|Going to Lucena City
– JAM, Lucena Lines, JAC and DLTB
|> Any point in QC and manila, you just have to find a bus to Lucena
> Travel is approx. 2-3 hours.
> Tell the driver to drop you off at Padre Pio Shrine
|Php 100-150 per head
Puppy Seal of Approval:
Have you ever implored for something so fervently that it makes your heart flutter after you knelt down and pray? Being in a place where you can be surrounded by people who also have their hearts heavy with love and praise feels comforting. So with this, the puppertripper stamp our seal of approval on the following:
- A celebration. Padre Pio has been known for healing masses and prayers for special intentions. When you come here, make sure you check the mass schedule. We recommend not to miss the chance to celebrate the sacrament with your Pawmilies here. There is something about the place where solemn prayers are whispered that it soothes the troubled heart. The beautiful well-lighted high-ceiling church would take away the usual constricting feeling of traditional churches. Beautiful religious images surround the place so take time to see them.
- A wish and a promise. There is the wall where people put on their locks and rosaries as a forever reminder of their wishes and promises in this place. Though it is not a reassurance for anything, but for a person who has been heavily laden with their problems and challenges they face – anything would make them feel better.
- A pause from all the hustle. Mom has been so busy. We are equally guilty of not being able to fulfill our spiritual duties due to the demands of work, school and family. Mom would say that it was never an excuse but human (and pupper) as we are… we come short. I would usually see mom dragging herself home and then taking a bath then sleep off because she was so tired. She would always tell me that we would go for a puppytrip when things get a little bit bearable. So on trips like these, give your adrenaline pumps a vacay and pause. It is a time where we can just pause and reconnect with Papa God.
Travel party: Great for choice for family trip! The compound is big so there are a lot of things that can be visited. It is a good spot for children and puppers too!
Budget: It cost us 150 for the bus fare and no entrance fee in Padre Pio. If you plan to bring a car, there is a paid parking space for only 50 pesos.
Trip: Day-trip! Check the following mass schedules so you can pace your trip.
Puppy Mood: Out exploring while we have time!
Sitio Pata-an is a quaint little town hiding in the outskirts of the Barangay Maao. It’s best to ask for directions from the locals because the road going there is unpaved. The ride going there was not a smooth one. Most of the dirt roads are left rough and unkempt.
A guard stays in a small waiting shed that serves as their entrance. As you go in, you are led by a winding pathway to the pool and overnight cottages.
|South Bound Ceres bound to:
|> It is approximately 1 hours of travel.
||Php 25-35 per head
|Barrio Maao – Pata-an
||> There are tricycles/habal-habal going to Pataan. They are parked along the road near the Terminal of Ceres Liners – by the marketplace. Ask the locals which one is going to PATA-AN.
||Php 50 per head
Puppy Seal of Approval:
A day out with mom with a nice weather is great! Pata-an Falls is a stop for puppertrippers who just want to sit and commune with nature. There is no signal there so be prepared of being detached from civilization which is FUR-fect for anyone who doesn’t want their boss calling them. Woof~~
Pata-an falls doesn’t form a belly – which is very unique. The water falls on a unique rock formation where people can lounge and enjoy a massage from the downpour. The falls provides a cool refreshing mist in the surrounding area that is sure to extinguish the heat from any summer. ❤
What I love about this place is the old century tree that stands near the base of the falls. It provides the shade and a picturesque background for your Instagram worthy pictures! Woof!
Travel party: Great for everyone!!! It is accessible by commuting or by those big cars for families. This place is pretty much straightforward and safe for little puppers and children alike.
Budget: Entrance is Php 50 per head. Day trip cottages range from Php 250-500.
Trip: Day-trip and overnighters. Overnight rooms would be Php 1500 to 2500.
Everybody will be flocking the beaches this summer. Crowded shores, rowdy groups and fully-booked resorts – then what? The sun is high up and you want to escape the hassle? Then this puppy explorer might just have something you’d like to consider.
Beat the Heat of summer with My Top 5 Waterfalls of Negros!
- MAMBUKAL MOUNTAIN RESORT Murcia, Negros Occidental:
- A common recreational destination, it is just an hour away from Bacolod City in the municipality Murcia. This place brags – not only one – but SEVEN waterfalls!!! The trek going all the way to the 7th falls is worth it. You get to bathe on those cool fresh waters after a short hike up. Open even for beginner, this one is for list of must-go this summer.
- MAG-ASO FALLS, Barangay Oringao, kabankalan City, Negros Occidental:
- Feeling like stepping up to your chasing waterfalls game? Then Mag-Aso Falls is
perfect. Located about a three hours ride south from Bacolod City, all the travel is worth the view and experience. Come and dive in those deep glorious turquoise waters of Mag-Aso Falls. The basin is deep enough to cater those who would dare to do a “Cliff dive” from the little caves.
- GAWAHON MOUNTAIN RESORT, Victorias City, Negros Occidental:
- A little more toned down and less commercialized. You would least likely find this place crowded. This place also takes pride of their seven different falls. A little walking distance from one after the other, truly this one is a nature lover’s treat.
- PATA-AN FALLS, Barangay Mailum, Bago City, Negros Occidental:
- DO you want to spend a day just sitting and enjoying icy cold water shower? Then Pataan is just the right choice. Unlike the usual, the falls fall on a rock formation and shaded by a century old tree. You can spend a day just to relax sitting under the falls to extinguish the heat.
- GUINTUBDAN FALLS, Ara-al Road, Occidental, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental:
- If you love the great outdoors, hiking, forests, swimming and random meet-and-greet with farm animals, Guintubdan is just for you. Approximately two hours and a half bus ride, you get to meet this splendor tucked in a quaint place of Ara-al. With a total of 6 falls and one spring, you get to exhaust you day swimming in the cool waters and beautiful mountain top scenery. You will be left with a filled heart and happy soul after hiking time of 15 mins to 45 mins from the different falls.
Remember, the beach is not the only place you could spend the summer buzz in. Sometimes, you just need a puppy nose for roads less traveled and a mum saying, SEEK!
Where are you off to next, puppy trippers? We’d like to hear from you, so don’t forget to leave a comment down below. Who knows…We might just be dropping by to explore your suggestion!
Puppy Mood: Happy to be free – finally! Excited to kick off our summer adventures with some soul-time!
Puppy Mood: Excited to see majestic temples and see a glimpse of their histor
As promised from our previous post, we continue on with our 5 part Bangkok, Thailand special. In this block, we will touch on those pretty temples this woofer was able to visit. Woof!!!! We will give snippets about each temples~ woof!
Hello puppy woofers!
It has been a crazy week for all of us. Mom and I are so busy with all the preparation for to say bye-bye 2016 and say hello to 2017! We apologize for not being able to post last Saturday (usual schedule) because we have Noche Buena and a lot of family members coming over~ It is so fun to meet mom’s family! Woof!