Puppy Mood: Out exploring while we have time!
Sitio Pata-an is a quaint little town hiding in the outskirts of the Barangay Maao. It’s best to ask for directions from the locals because the road going there is unpaved. The ride going there was not a smooth one. Most of the dirt roads are left rough and unkempt.
A guard stays in a small waiting shed that serves as their entrance. As you go in, you are led by a winding pathway to the pool and overnight cottages.
|South Bound Ceres bound to:
|> It is approximately 1 hours of travel.
||Php 25-35 per head
|Barrio Maao – Pata-an
||> There are tricycles/habal-habal going to Pataan. They are parked along the road near the Terminal of Ceres Liners – by the marketplace. Ask the locals which one is going to PATA-AN.
||Php 50 per head
Puppy Seal of Approval:
A day out with mom with a nice weather is great! Pata-an Falls is a stop for puppertrippers who just want to sit and commune with nature. There is no signal there so be prepared of being detached from civilization which is FUR-fect for anyone who doesn’t want their boss calling them. Woof~~
Pata-an falls doesn’t form a belly – which is very unique. The water falls on a unique rock formation where people can lounge and enjoy a massage from the downpour. The falls provides a cool refreshing mist in the surrounding area that is sure to extinguish the heat from any summer. ❤
What I love about this place is the old century tree that stands near the base of the falls. It provides the shade and a picturesque background for your Instagram worthy pictures! Woof!
Travel party: Great for everyone!!! It is accessible by commuting or by those big cars for families. This place is pretty much straightforward and safe for little puppers and children alike.
Budget: Entrance is Php 50 per head. Day trip cottages range from Php 250-500.
Trip: Day-trip and overnighters. Overnight rooms would be Php 1500 to 2500.
Everybody will be flocking the beaches this summer. Crowded shores, rowdy groups and fully-booked resorts – then what? The sun is high up and you want to escape the hassle? Then this puppy explorer might just have something you’d like to consider.
Beat the Heat of summer with My Top 5 Waterfalls of Negros!
- MAMBUKAL MOUNTAIN RESORT Murcia, Negros Occidental:
- A common recreational destination, it is just an hour away from Bacolod City in the municipality Murcia. This place brags – not only one – but SEVEN waterfalls!!! The trek going all the way to the 7th falls is worth it. You get to bathe on those cool fresh waters after a short hike up. Open even for beginner, this one is for list of must-go this summer.
- MAG-ASO FALLS, Barangay Oringao, kabankalan City, Negros Occidental:
- Feeling like stepping up to your chasing waterfalls game? Then Mag-Aso Falls is
perfect. Located about a three hours ride south from Bacolod City, all the travel is worth the view and experience. Come and dive in those deep glorious turquoise waters of Mag-Aso Falls. The basin is deep enough to cater those who would dare to do a “Cliff dive” from the little caves.
- GAWAHON MOUNTAIN RESORT, Victorias City, Negros Occidental:
- A little more toned down and less commercialized. You would least likely find this place crowded. This place also takes pride of their seven different falls. A little walking distance from one after the other, truly this one is a nature lover’s treat.
- PATA-AN FALLS, Barangay Mailum, Bago City, Negros Occidental:
- DO you want to spend a day just sitting and enjoying icy cold water shower? Then Pataan is just the right choice. Unlike the usual, the falls fall on a rock formation and shaded by a century old tree. You can spend a day just to relax sitting under the falls to extinguish the heat.
- GUINTUBDAN FALLS, Ara-al Road, Occidental, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental:
- If you love the great outdoors, hiking, forests, swimming and random meet-and-greet with farm animals, Guintubdan is just for you. Approximately two hours and a half bus ride, you get to meet this splendor tucked in a quaint place of Ara-al. With a total of 6 falls and one spring, you get to exhaust you day swimming in the cool waters and beautiful mountain top scenery. You will be left with a filled heart and happy soul after hiking time of 15 mins to 45 mins from the different falls.
Remember, the beach is not the only place you could spend the summer buzz in. Sometimes, you just need a puppy nose for roads less traveled and a mum saying, SEEK!
Where are you off to next, puppy trippers? We’d like to hear from you, so don’t forget to leave a comment down below. Who knows…We might just be dropping by to explore your suggestion!
Puppy Mood: Mom is so exhausted but it is nothing a quick dip in cold waters and a lung full of fresh air can’t fix.
Now this is literally iced cold water~ A sure cure for the need-of-a-break. Continue reading
I’ve heard from a good friend that there is a nearby ranch that you can spend a day lying on a hammock… from that point on I was sold to the idea.
Puppy mood: Feeling lazy… I’d like that hammock please.
Touch down! Woof!
Dear Beloved Food lovers,
Bacolod City is known as the “Food Tester City” or the “ Food Central” due to the variety of local businesses showcasing their own twists in food we all learned to love. Many foods from different influences are found in different side of the city making sure to cater for all the cravings of even the most finicky eater. At the same time, Bacolod is the sugar bowl of the Philippines. Sugar and its derivatives being the major product of the island, it is a must that this city is definitely part of the stop of every sweet tooth out there.
That being said, Puppy Trails Ph will be on a quest to find food that would perk-up those taste buds of man and woofers alike. This section of the blog will be focused on the food. Puppy and friends tend to sniff out some really nice nomnoms so we will share our gastronomic experiences here.
If by any chance that you were able to visit any place we will be able to feature, please don’t hesitate to let us know your experience in the comment sections.
We are also open for suggestions! If you’d like us to try a new place or new food, please don’t hesitate to give us a heads up!
Looking forward to hear from all of you!
Puppy Trails Ph
Summer just started. Let’s explore more!
Puppy Mood: Craving for more .
Seeing this makes me soooo excited! Woof! Continue reading