Puppy Mood: Feel like chasing Rainbows
Duyan Cafe just recently opened. Since their soft ooening last February 2018, they have gained popularity nit just because if their coffee but the amazing view yiu get when lounging in their platform.
Located in Sitio Lantawan along Silay-Patag road, this is surely a favorite spots of motorist and tourists alike.
Puppy Seal Of Approval:
– Grab a warm cup of Coffee and nomnom on Ibos by the Ledge:
They said “People will pay for the experience.” And that is exactly what Duyan Cafe is all about. Experience the wind in your fur, the sun kissing your skin and see the greenery of the forest reserve around you with a coffee in hand.
I swear it is the best way to forget the city buzz for a while. No one can resist the smell of freshly brewed coffee anytime.
Thank you the sunday get away mom!!
Puppy Mood: Needing some recharge of positivism!
La Carlota City is a 4th class city of Negros Occidental, Negros Island Region. The city is about 45.9 kms via San Enrique route and about 43.2 kilometers using the Maao, Bago City route from Bacolod City can be reached at about an hour and a half with a public transport. Legend has it that she was well-loved by the natives for her social works so that they named their settlement after her when it was created as a municipality near the end of the Spanish colonial era in the Philippines. In line with the Spanish practice of adding an article before a proper noun, “La Carlota” became its official name.
|Ø Ceres South Terminal
||– You can ride San Agustin Jeep or Taxi from any point of Bacolod City.
||– Php 7.00
|Ø Bacolod – La Carlota Trip
||– Step off the bus upon arriving at the Ceres Terminal in La Carlota. This will be 45 mins to an hour trip.
||– Php 35-50.00
|Ø La Carlota to Sitio Guintubdan, Barangay Ara-al
||– Ride a Tricycle going to the “ TINDAHAN” or market. Ride the jeep going to Guintubdan. You will be dropped off in the Pavilion where the main reception is located.
||– Tricycle Ride : Php 10.00
– Jeep ride: Php 50.00
Puppy Seal of Approval:
Conquer the falls Guintubdan!!!
I thought it was an easy feat but noooooo…. Walking about 143 steps down and up again for the 1st falls was feat! Make sure you pack light and bring a small water bottle with you. Enjoy the scenery! The cool wind and shades provided by the trees will make everything tolerable.
The feeling is so rewarding when you strived hard for something and that was exactly how we feel when trekking through every falls of Guintubdan. Take the plunge in each of the 7 falls and enjoy the cool waters and pollution free environment.
But little reminder: As much as we are there to enjoy. Let us do our share to keep everything clean by not leaving trash behind. There are plenty of collecting bins where we can dispose them.
Party: This is a family spot. Just be careful of small kids and puppers with you if you plan to trek all the way through the falls.
Rates: Entrance fee for the pavilion or camp sites is PhP 20.00 for adult and PhP 10.00 for kids. Those who would like to stay for a night, check in time is from 2:00pm until 6:00pm and check out time is at 12:00nn.
- Family Room – Php1,500.00 per day (good for 4-6 persons)
• Standard Room – Php1,000.00 per day (good for 2 persons)
• Extension Room – Php1,000.00 per day (good for 3 persons)
• Annex Room – Php600.00 per day (good for 3-6 persons)
• Additional beddings – Php100.00 per person per day
• in excess of room capacity – entrance fee will be charged
• picnic table – Php100.00 per table
Everybody will be flocking the beaches this summer. Crowded shores, rowdy groups and fully-booked resorts – then what? The sun is high up and you want to escape the hassle? Then this puppy explorer might just have something you’d like to consider.
Beat the Heat of summer with My Top 5 Waterfalls of Negros!
- MAMBUKAL MOUNTAIN RESORT Murcia, Negros Occidental:
- A common recreational destination, it is just an hour away from Bacolod City in the municipality Murcia. This place brags – not only one – but SEVEN waterfalls!!! The trek going all the way to the 7th falls is worth it. You get to bathe on those cool fresh waters after a short hike up. Open even for beginner, this one is for list of must-go this summer.
- MAG-ASO FALLS, Barangay Oringao, kabankalan City, Negros Occidental:
- Feeling like stepping up to your chasing waterfalls game? Then Mag-Aso Falls is
perfect. Located about a three hours ride south from Bacolod City, all the travel is worth the view and experience. Come and dive in those deep glorious turquoise waters of Mag-Aso Falls. The basin is deep enough to cater those who would dare to do a “Cliff dive” from the little caves.
- GAWAHON MOUNTAIN RESORT, Victorias City, Negros Occidental:
- A little more toned down and less commercialized. You would least likely find this place crowded. This place also takes pride of their seven different falls. A little walking distance from one after the other, truly this one is a nature lover’s treat.
- PATA-AN FALLS, Barangay Mailum, Bago City, Negros Occidental:
- DO you want to spend a day just sitting and enjoying icy cold water shower? Then Pataan is just the right choice. Unlike the usual, the falls fall on a rock formation and shaded by a century old tree. You can spend a day just to relax sitting under the falls to extinguish the heat.
- GUINTUBDAN FALLS, Ara-al Road, Occidental, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental:
- If you love the great outdoors, hiking, forests, swimming and random meet-and-greet with farm animals, Guintubdan is just for you. Approximately two hours and a half bus ride, you get to meet this splendor tucked in a quaint place of Ara-al. With a total of 6 falls and one spring, you get to exhaust you day swimming in the cool waters and beautiful mountain top scenery. You will be left with a filled heart and happy soul after hiking time of 15 mins to 45 mins from the different falls.
Remember, the beach is not the only place you could spend the summer buzz in. Sometimes, you just need a puppy nose for roads less traveled and a mum saying, SEEK!
Where are you off to next, puppy trippers? We’d like to hear from you, so don’t forget to leave a comment down below. Who knows…We might just be dropping by to explore your suggestion!