Puppy Mood: Wanting to be Kissed by the Sun
A 5th provincial income class island province of the Philippines, Siquijor is located in the Central Visayas region. Its capital is the municipality also named Siquijor. This quiet place has earned reputation of nook of “Barang” or voodoo.
The Spaniards called the island as Isla del Fuego (Island of Fire). Siquijor is commonly associated with mystic traditions that the island’s growing tourism industry capitalizes on.
Now everybody would probably have dark and gloomy pictures in their head but I tell you puppy trippers, this island is anything BUT dark and gloomy. Filled with very friendly locals and no-filter needed beaches, this is a little piece of paradise on earth.
Puppy Seal of Approval:
- Rent a Motorbike to Go Around the Island: This is the best, most convenient and cheapest way to explore the island. We rented one bike for only Php 300 per day with a full tanked gas amounting to less than Php 200. From the farthest point to other is just 3 hours on motorbike. it is still the cheapest way to go than having to hire a van every time. the next thing would be a multicab who can accommodate about 8 people comfortably. We will post Manong Edwin’s contact number at the ratings section. He offers transportation via multicab with island tours. Very friendly guy.
Mum’s friends! Hi~
- Take the Leap of Faith: Jump from 20 feet and 35 feet in cliffs in Salagdoong Beach to the pristince blue waters of Siquijor. Read more here.
- Enjoy a Beach Front for Yourselves: Mom and I would suggest that you guys consider going to small resorts owned by families. You would be surprised by the treasures they keep. That is exactly what we discovered in SABAS BEACH RESORT. We found them in Air BnB. You would be Glamping your stay in the beautiful white sand, your personal beachfront – away from the noisy crowd. They offer the use of the kitchenette, main dining and bathroom/comfort room for free. It is clean and with very friendly owner and staffs. Read more here.
- Stay up until 12midnight to Catch a Glimpse of the Ghost Ship: At the side of Sabas Beach is a long standing story of the Ghost Ship. Like a clock work, at around 12midnight until 2 in the morning is a ghost ship phenomenon. Mom and I saw it!
- Have some Fish Spa Beside a Century Old Balete Tree: For only Php 10, have some happy therapeutic fishies nibble on your paws. It tickles!!! Read more here.
- Swing Plunge at Cabugahay Falls: Walk down 135 steps down to have that swing plunge at the deep basin of the Cabugahay Falls~ ❤
- Buy and Cook your Meals in Lazi Market: Seafoods are very cheap!!! Up for some grilled fish and adobong pusit?? A kilo of each will only be Php100/kilo.
Travel party: Best for backpacking puppies like us!!
Budget: We rented a motor bike go around Siquijor as we have mentioned in our previous post. But entrance usually ranges for only Php 30 for adults and Php 20 for the vehicles. Our total expenses is about Php 2000 each for a party of 4 for 3 days and 2 nights.
Trip: You can day trip the whole Siquijor but we suggest you give it 2 days and you will personally want to have more.