Puppy Mood: Needing some recharge of positivity!
There are only two predominantly Roman Catholic nations in Asia, Philippines is one and the other being, East Timor. Philippines have been ranked as the third largest Roman Catholic country in the world and stays as a conservative to the religion. Roughly 82.9% of the population of the country professes Catholicism.
Christianity in the Philippines was introduced by Spanish missionaries and colonists, who arrived in waves beginning in the early 16th century in Cebu. It has been deeply embedded in the culture of most Filipinos ever since. This is very much displayed with varied beautiful churches all over the country. Every province brags of their churches as it serves an emblem of their heritage.
Puppy Seal of Approval:
This pupper has out! Mom said we get to visit pretty churches during break. Every puppy tripper must spend time to thank Papa God for all the blessings and the safe trips we had. So here are my Top 5 favorite Bisita Iglesia (Church Visits) for 2017! Click the linkies to see the detailed puppy trip! Woof!
- Monastery of the Holy Eucharist, popularly known as Simala Shrine or Simala Church, is a castle-like church located in Marian Hills of upper Lindogon, Simala, Sibonga, Cebu. Boasting its architecture that is like straight from a Harry Potter set – it is both a place for devotees and tourist alike.
- Pambansang Dambana at Parokya ni Santo Padre Pio , commonly known as Padre Pio Shrine, is a parish church and pilgrimage site situated at Brgy. San Pedro, Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines. Standing proud with its roof resembling a “salakot”, a traditional Filipino hat used by farmers and fishermen in their respective agricultural activities as their protection against heat and rains – this is surely one for the books for pilgrims in the Philippines and around the world.
- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary of Manaoag is a Roman Catholic title of the Blessed Virgin Mary venerated in Manaoag, Pangasinan. It houses the ivory image which bears its title since 16th century and is presently enshrined within the Minor Basilica of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary of Manaoag. Many devotees of the blessed mother comes to this place with their prayers in their hearts.
- Regina Rosarii Institute of Contemplation in Asia or more commonly known as Regina RICA. A 71-foot-tall statue of the Queen of the Holy Rosary oversee this place with a church that held regular healing masses for those who would have a breathe of peace away from the hustle of the city.
- Our Lady of the Philippines Monastery is the only Trappist monastery in the country is located in Guimaras. It was founded in 1972 where about 35 monks lives in the monastery who held masses with the parish priest. This self-sustaining monastery produces a number of products, selling under the brand “Trappist Monastic Products”, includes their pineapple and mango jams, that is definitely something to take home. Guimaras is famous for its sweet golden Philippine mangos.
Mom said that there are even more beautiful churches out there and we are not even half on one province. Mum promised not just churches but Mosques and temples. For now, these are my favorite stops.
Visiting these places of worship, my mom taught me a very important lesson. Mum and I maybe Catholic but we should never see anybody for the religion they practice, habit they wear or the name they call their god. Respect is the key for peace to happen. We should find it in our hearts to see the beauty of each culture and the heart of what they profess.
How about you puppy trippers out there?
Can you send me a picture of a nearby pretty church or house of worship that is close by?
Maybe we can get to visit it soon.
Have you ever felt that craving of something in particular?
Mom grew up in Manila. She told me that there is this type of pancit that has been popularized in Malabon and it taste delish~ ❤ Apparently, there is a place in Bacolod that serves the in famous Pancit Malabon and it is close to legit.
Tita’s Beth Pancit Malabon is located along Lacson Street nearby Rolling Hills. This savoury noodle dish that originated in the City of Malabon. It resembles the Pancit Palabok but instead of meat – an array of seafood toppings, egg and chicharon on the traditional tough and thick rice noodles distinguishes this dish.
Price ranges from Php 75 (solo serving) to Php 600 for hefty serving for groups~
All the love for food that we miss!<3
Have you ever tried this one before?
Puppy Mood: Out exploring while we have time!
Sitio Pata-an is a quaint little town hiding in the outskirts of the Barangay Maao. It’s best to ask for directions from the locals because the road going there is unpaved. The ride going there was not a smooth one. Most of the dirt roads are left rough and unkempt.
A guard stays in a small waiting shed that serves as their entrance. As you go in, you are led by a winding pathway to the pool and overnight cottages.
|South Bound Ceres bound to:
|> It is approximately 1 hours of travel.
||Php 25-35 per head
|Barrio Maao – Pata-an
||> There are tricycles/habal-habal going to Pataan. They are parked along the road near the Terminal of Ceres Liners – by the marketplace. Ask the locals which one is going to PATA-AN.
||Php 50 per head
Puppy Seal of Approval:
A day out with mom with a nice weather is great! Pata-an Falls is a stop for puppertrippers who just want to sit and commune with nature. There is no signal there so be prepared of being detached from civilization which is FUR-fect for anyone who doesn’t want their boss calling them. Woof~~
Pata-an falls doesn’t form a belly – which is very unique. The water falls on a unique rock formation where people can lounge and enjoy a massage from the downpour. The falls provides a cool refreshing mist in the surrounding area that is sure to extinguish the heat from any summer. ❤
What I love about this place is the old century tree that stands near the base of the falls. It provides the shade and a picturesque background for your Instagram worthy pictures! Woof!
Travel party: Great for everyone!!! It is accessible by commuting or by those big cars for families. This place is pretty much straightforward and safe for little puppers and children alike.
Budget: Entrance is Php 50 per head. Day trip cottages range from Php 250-500.
Trip: Day-trip and overnighters. Overnight rooms would be Php 1500 to 2500.
Everybody will be flocking the beaches this summer. Crowded shores, rowdy groups and fully-booked resorts – then what? The sun is high up and you want to escape the hassle? Then this puppy explorer might just have something you’d like to consider.
Beat the Heat of summer with My Top 5 Waterfalls of Negros!
- MAMBUKAL MOUNTAIN RESORT Murcia, Negros Occidental:
- A common recreational destination, it is just an hour away from Bacolod City in the municipality Murcia. This place brags – not only one – but SEVEN waterfalls!!! The trek going all the way to the 7th falls is worth it. You get to bathe on those cool fresh waters after a short hike up. Open even for beginner, this one is for list of must-go this summer.
- MAG-ASO FALLS, Barangay Oringao, kabankalan City, Negros Occidental:
- Feeling like stepping up to your chasing waterfalls game? Then Mag-Aso Falls is
perfect. Located about a three hours ride south from Bacolod City, all the travel is worth the view and experience. Come and dive in those deep glorious turquoise waters of Mag-Aso Falls. The basin is deep enough to cater those who would dare to do a “Cliff dive” from the little caves.
- GAWAHON MOUNTAIN RESORT, Victorias City, Negros Occidental:
- A little more toned down and less commercialized. You would least likely find this place crowded. This place also takes pride of their seven different falls. A little walking distance from one after the other, truly this one is a nature lover’s treat.
- PATA-AN FALLS, Barangay Mailum, Bago City, Negros Occidental:
- DO you want to spend a day just sitting and enjoying icy cold water shower? Then Pataan is just the right choice. Unlike the usual, the falls fall on a rock formation and shaded by a century old tree. You can spend a day just to relax sitting under the falls to extinguish the heat.
- GUINTUBDAN FALLS, Ara-al Road, Occidental, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental:
- If you love the great outdoors, hiking, forests, swimming and random meet-and-greet with farm animals, Guintubdan is just for you. Approximately two hours and a half bus ride, you get to meet this splendor tucked in a quaint place of Ara-al. With a total of 6 falls and one spring, you get to exhaust you day swimming in the cool waters and beautiful mountain top scenery. You will be left with a filled heart and happy soul after hiking time of 15 mins to 45 mins from the different falls.
Remember, the beach is not the only place you could spend the summer buzz in. Sometimes, you just need a puppy nose for roads less traveled and a mum saying, SEEK!
Where are you off to next, puppy trippers? We’d like to hear from you, so don’t forget to leave a comment down below. Who knows…We might just be dropping by to explore your suggestion!
Puppy Mood: Happy to be free – finally! Excited to kick off our summer adventures with some soul-time!
Imagine this, stack after stack of well-seasoned beef, slow grilled to tender perfection, served with fresh lettuce, cucumbers and onions, topped with cheese and special sauces. Nomnomnom!
I think everyone would agree that protein is life after a week of deathly exams so that is exactly what mom and I did. We went to HOMESITE SHAWARMA at Homesite, Paglaum Street, Brgy. Montevista, Bacolod.
Last picture: Photocredit – grabbed this from their FB page because we went there for dinner and we compeletely forgot to take a picture. 🐶
Shawarma rice! How pinoy could you get? We eat anything with rice! (First pictures)
Puppy personal nomnom fave….. TACOOOOOOOSSS! (Third picture)
Price ranges from Php80 and above. Worth the food, and serving.
Surely, this one is NOT the usual commercialized and watered-down shawarmas out there.
All filled-up without being guilty.
Have you been there?
What’s you favorite?
Every puppy tripper would agree that sometimes, we just need some down time and just spend it reflecting. That is exactly what mom and I did.
Puppy Mood: Feeling in need of some soul food~