Everybody will be flocking the beaches this summer. Crowded shores, rowdy groups and fully-booked resorts – then what? The sun is high up and you want to escape the hassle? Then this puppy explorer might just have something you’d like to consider.
Beat the Heat of summer with My Top 5 Waterfalls of Negros!
- MAMBUKAL MOUNTAIN RESORT Murcia, Negros Occidental:
- A common recreational destination, it is just an hour away from Bacolod City in the municipality Murcia. This place brags – not only one – but SEVEN waterfalls!!! The trek going all the way to the 7th falls is worth it. You get to bathe on those cool fresh waters after a short hike up. Open even for beginner, this one is for list of must-go this summer.
- MAG-ASO FALLS, Barangay Oringao, kabankalan City, Negros Occidental:
- Feeling like stepping up to your chasing waterfalls game? Then Mag-Aso Falls is
perfect. Located about a three hours ride south from Bacolod City, all the travel is worth the view and experience. Come and dive in those deep glorious turquoise waters of Mag-Aso Falls. The basin is deep enough to cater those who would dare to do a “Cliff dive” from the little caves.
- GAWAHON MOUNTAIN RESORT, Victorias City, Negros Occidental:
- A little more toned down and less commercialized. You would least likely find this place crowded. This place also takes pride of their seven different falls. A little walking distance from one after the other, truly this one is a nature lover’s treat.
- PATA-AN FALLS, Barangay Mailum, Bago City, Negros Occidental:
- DO you want to spend a day just sitting and enjoying icy cold water shower? Then Pataan is just the right choice. Unlike the usual, the falls fall on a rock formation and shaded by a century old tree. You can spend a day just to relax sitting under the falls to extinguish the heat.
- GUINTUBDAN FALLS, Ara-al Road, Occidental, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental:
- If you love the great outdoors, hiking, forests, swimming and random meet-and-greet with farm animals, Guintubdan is just for you. Approximately two hours and a half bus ride, you get to meet this splendor tucked in a quaint place of Ara-al. With a total of 6 falls and one spring, you get to exhaust you day swimming in the cool waters and beautiful mountain top scenery. You will be left with a filled heart and happy soul after hiking time of 15 mins to 45 mins from the different falls.
Remember, the beach is not the only place you could spend the summer buzz in. Sometimes, you just need a puppy nose for roads less traveled and a mum saying, SEEK!
Where are you off to next, puppy trippers? We’d like to hear from you, so don’t forget to leave a comment down below. Who knows…We might just be dropping by to explore your suggestion!
Puppy Mood: Happy to be free – finally! Excited to kick off our summer adventures with some soul-time!
Imagine this, stack after stack of well-seasoned beef, slow grilled to tender perfection, served with fresh lettuce, cucumbers and onions, topped with cheese and special sauces. Nomnomnom!
I think everyone would agree that protein is life after a week of deathly exams so that is exactly what mom and I did. We went to HOMESITE SHAWARMA at Homesite, Paglaum Street, Brgy. Montevista, Bacolod.
Last picture: Photocredit – grabbed this from their FB page because we went there for dinner and we compeletely forgot to take a picture. 🐶
Shawarma rice! How pinoy could you get? We eat anything with rice! (First pictures)
Puppy personal nomnom fave….. TACOOOOOOOSSS! (Third picture)
Price ranges from Php80 and above. Worth the food, and serving.
Surely, this one is NOT the usual commercialized and watered-down shawarmas out there.
All filled-up without being guilty.
Have you been there?
What’s you favorite?
Every puppy tripper would agree that sometimes, we just need some down time and just spend it reflecting. That is exactly what mom and I did.
Puppy Mood: Feeling in need of some soul food~
Great things starts in small beginnings – and that small thing could be your good old potato.
Since mom and I went to Mabinay Springs with family again, we made sure we did a little stop over for some sweet something for the road.
Potatoes. We know an array of ways to serve this root crop… but who could guessed it would take a crown for desserts too. MILA’S RESTAUTANT along the Highway of Hinigaran, Negros Occidental – near the public market and 711 Store is known for their Potato Cakes.
This heavenly treat of multi-layered soft cake topped with crunchy caramel is something everyone should try.
This small serving is only PhP75~
They are also known for other treats like Royal Bibingka, Fruit Tarts and Buko Pies. All of them are baked to perfection, melts in your mouth and fills your sweet cravings.
Make sure you come by a little early because the line could grow long and the competition for the last slices is tough.
Have you tried this before?
Puppy Mood: Excited to see majestic temples and see a glimpse of their histor
As promised from our previous post, we continue on with our 5 part Bangkok, Thailand special. In this block, we will touch on those pretty temples this woofer was able to visit. Woof!!!! We will give snippets about each temples~ woof!
Hello puppy woofers!
It has been a crazy week for all of us. Mom and I are so busy with all the preparation for to say bye-bye 2016 and say hello to 2017! We apologize for not being able to post last Saturday (usual schedule) because we have Noche Buena and a lot of family members coming over~ It is so fun to meet mom’s family! Woof!